At the same time, we will draw you attention to the choices you can make on how your information is collected and used.
Global Timber processes personal data in the following categories:
- When you visit our websites e.g. when surfing the website and filling in contact forms etc.,
- When we process data for marketing purpose, e.g. when you subscribe to a newsletter via e-mail or on our website,
- When/if you sign up for and participate in an event, trade fair etc.,
- When/if you send inquiries to Global Timber or interact with Global Timber through e-mail, social media or the like.
Depending on which category your personal data is collected under, different data will be collected about you. Such data includes; 1) contact information such as name, e-mail address, phone number etc., 2) Information from your web browser, such as IP addresses, browser type and language, 3) tracking the processing of online marketing received e.g. whether messages are opened, which links are clicked on etc.
Why do we collect personal data?
We collect only the personal data you voluntarily submit to us or otherwise consent us to automatically collect as described in this policy. We collect personal data for the following purpose:
- To improve our website and enable us to serve and present our services in the best possible way.
- To send you marketing material provided such are accepted by you.
- To provide you with information about products / services that you have previously purchased from us.
- To improve our level of service and optimize our marketing initiatives.
- To contact you if you have filled in our “contact us” form and to follow up on queries and correspondence by e-mail, phone or other online forms.
- To ensure compliance with applicable legislation in EU, GDPR, ePrivacy Directive and the Danish Marketing Act, as well as to ensure the possibility of providing documentation of compliance.
- To be able to perform statistical analysis.
How do we collect personal data?
Depending on the personal data collected and the category under which it is collected, the legal basis for the processing of such data will be, where possible, necessary steps in order to provide the queries and/or services requested by you, necessary steps in order to entering into a potential contact or consent from you.
How long are personal data stored on the website?
Your personal data will be stored for as long as necessary. This means that when your personal data will no longer be relevant to us, it will automatically be deleted in a safe way. There is a possibility that we can process your data for statistical purposes, but in this case your data will always be anonymized.
How do we secure your personal information?
We treat your data with care. This means that we undertake to prevent disclosure, unauthorized access or alternative processing of our customer’s personal data collected on this website.
How we share and transfer your personal data
We share your personal data only when needed to realize the purposes described above. The main categories of recipients are:
- Business partners of Global Timber (e.g. suppliers, sales and marketing partners (including social media platforms).
- IT service providers and data processors on behalf of Global Timber, e.g. hosting services, IT support, cloud services, user administration services, etc.
- Other authorized third parties who may need to access or store personal data if required or permitted by applicable law (e.g. governmental authorities or other competent public bodies, courts, arbitral tribunals, attorneys, etc.).
Personal data are only shared with third party provided such third party have signed a Data Processing Agreement (DPA) acting under Global Timbers instruction. Global Timber will in all cases function as the Data controller and the third party as the Data Processor.
We do not sell your personal data or share it with irrelevant third parties.
Withdrawal of your consent
In case our processing of personal data is based on your consent e.g. in case of direct marketing, you have the right to withdraw such consent. This will however not affect the processing of data handed over or done prior to the withdrawal.
Accordingly, to the legislation in EU on personal data, GDPR, you have certain rights which include:
- The right to access the personal data
- The right to edit incorrect data
- The right to have information deleted
- The right to restrict the processing of information
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to the processing of personal data
Updates and changes to our policy
Company: Global Timber A/S
Address: Michael Drewsens Vej 1
Postal Code: 8270 Hoejbjerg, Denmark
Phone: +45 48270010
If you wish to complain about our processing of your personal information, this may be done by Data Inspectorate, at Borgergade 28.5, 1300 Copenhagen, phone 33 19 32 00 e-mail: email@example.com.